Happy Pancake Day.......or should I say Shrove Tuesday!
We know you probably know how to make pancakes with your eyes
closed, but if you don't, there is no need to panic!
Read up. Get shopping. Start eating!
Basic pancake batter - 8 pancakes
You will need -
1 large egg or 1 egg and one yolk
½ pint/280ml milk
4oz/110g plain flour (4 heaped dessertspoons)
1 tbsp melted butter
1. By hand: sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
2. Break in the egg (and yolk, if using) and add a pinch of salt and a splash of the milk.
3. Whisk the egg, gradually incorporating the flour, to make a smooth cream.
4. Whisk in the rest of the milk and the melted butter.
5. Ladle the mixture into a buttered frying pan..... Bon appetit!